Upon prior arrangement, the Library offers the following services to academic degree or professional certification track borrowers of affiliated schools, universities, educational institutions and other special educational programs. Currently the Library has reciprocal borrowing agreements for Monterey Peninsula College students, faculty and staff.
- May consult and photocopy from Library books, periodicals, microforms, and reference materials
- Priority access to these computers is given to CSUMB students, faculty, and staff.
- May borrow up to 25 (twenty-five) books at a time for a three (3) week loan period
- May renew most items twice online by accessing your library account, telephone, in person or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- May request holds and searches on books not found on the shelves
- May place up to 10 stacks books on the 24-hour hold shelf
- Other services with prior arrangement
Provision of library services to affiliated schools, universities, educational institutions and special educational programs are available after in-person registration at the Circulation Desk which includes verification of current status, i.e. proof of enrollment paid for current semester or quarter.
The Library does NOT provide the following services to borrowers of affiliated schools, universities, educational institutions and special educational programs:
- Book recalls
- Access to Library Media Collection (e.g. videos)
- Interlibrary Loan or Document Delivery (see Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Policy)
- Access to materials on Course Reserve
- Electronic Reference Service
- Direct dial-up access to CSUMB network or Library resources*.
*CSUMB does not provide or sell accounts for dial-up access to CSUMB network or Library resources to students, faculty or staff of other institutions.
Rules and Privileges
The card provided to borrowers of affiliated schools, universities, educational institutions and special educational programs will serve as the library borrowing card. By presenting their library card and a photo id, when using Library services, the borrower agrees to comply with all CSUMB Library regulations. This card is non-transferable. Abuse of library privileges may result in loss of borrowing privileges. Repeated non-compliance with library regulations may result in cancellation of library privileges. Any person who steals or mutilates library material is subject to prosecution under the provisions of Federal, State, and Municipal laws, and the California Education Code.
Return of Material
Items borrowed are due back to the Library by closing time on the due date. Items are to be returned to the Library Circulation Desk or other book return bins. The Library is not responsible for items improperly returned. All items returned after the given due date or recall date, are subject to the fees established by the CSUMB Library. See CSUMB Library Overdue, Recall and Replacement Fees Policy.