Atlases and Maps
- Library Home
- Articles & Databases
- Find Books
- Find Journals
- Course Reserves
- Video, Audio, Images
- Capstones & Theses
- Group Study Rooms
- Available Computers
- Start Your Research
- Course Guides
- Reference & Quick Facts
- Atlases and Maps
- Book Reviews
- Career Resources
- Citation & Style Manuals
- Colleges & Universities
- Dictionaries & Thesauri
- Film Reviews & Criticism
- Government Information Landing Page
- News & Current Events
- Regional & Local Information
- Statistical Information
- Tax Information
- Telephone & Email Directories
- Web guides
- How Do I ...
- Library Instruction
- Ask a Librarian
- About the Library
General Mapping and Atlas Resources on the Internet
Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collection - from the University of Texas, Austin
- UC Berkeley Earth Sciences and Map Library
- U.S. Geological Survey Home Page
Links to Maps
Atlases in the CSUMB collection
- Color Landform Atlas of the United States
- Large scale topographic maps of the fifty states.
- Supplies population, longitude and latitude, and links to census data and Tiger Maps.
- California Natural Resources Digital Atlas
- Provides map views of California's natural resources, including details on biodiversity and watersheds, for regions and the entire state.
- Google Maps
- Detailed street and terrain maps, plus a route planner giving directions for driving, walking, and public transport.
- Historic Topographic Maps of California
- Includes topographic maps of the San Francisco area from 1875 to the present.
- Historical Map & Chart Collection
- From NOAA, contains over 20,000 maps and charts from the late 1700s to the present.
- Map Collections, 1544-2003
- A searchable, browsable American Memory collection from the Library of Congress, rich with historical, cultural, political, military and other map resources.
- Interactive site; creates city maps based on an address you enter, and gives driving distances and directions.
- Maps on Us
- In addition to detailed maps, provides driving directions in written or spoken format, with a choice of male or female voices.
- Tiger Mapping Service - U.S. Census Bureau - Maps and Cartographic Resources
- Links to publicly available printed maps and free, downloadable maps in Portable Document Format [PDF], as well as online mapping applications using Census data.
- UN Atlas of the Oceans
- Includes maps, images, statistics and factual information about the world's oceans and seas.
- United Nations Cartographic Section
- Contains hundreds of downloadable country, regional and thematic maps
Earth and Moon Viewer
- Aerial and satellite images of the Earth and Moon from different perspectives.
- Geographic Names Information System
- Comprehensive geographic nameserver from USGS, covering geographic features in the U.S. and territories.
- HomeTownLocator Gazetteer
- Enter a place name or address to receive census and cultural information, aerial photos, driving directions, and more.
- From Florida International University; enter address to get birds-eye aerial perspective on US locations
Posted on Sep 02, 2010 - Log in to edit this page