The Library offers the following services to the domestic partners of CSUMB faculty and staff:
- May consult and photocopy from Library books, periodicals, microforms, and reference materials
- Priority access to the Library Public computers is given to CSUMB students, faculty, and staff.
- May borrow up to ten (10) books at a time for a three (3) week loan period
- May renew most items twice by accessing your individual library account, by telephone, in person or by e-mailing email@example.com
- May request searches on books owned by Library not found on the shelves.
Library services to domestic partners of CSUMB faculty and staff are available after in-person registration at the Library Circulation Desk, which includes verification of status.
The Library does NOT provide the following services to the domestic partners of CSUMB Faculty & Staff:
- Book recalls
- Access to Course Reserve Collection (please refer to Course Reserve Policy)
- Access to Library Media Collection (e.g. videos)
- Interlibrary Loan or Document Delivery (please refer to Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan Policy)
- Electronic Reference Service
- Direct dial-up access to CSUMB network or Library resources*.
*Access to CSUMB network or Library resources must be arranged by your domestic partner through CSUMB Information Technology.
Rules and Privileges for domestic partners of CSUMB faculty and staff
The card provided to borrowers who are domestic partners of CSUMB faculty and staff will serve as the library borrowing card. By presenting their library card and a photo ID when using Library services, the borrower agrees to comply with all CSUMB Library regulations. This card is non-transferable. Abuse of library privileges may result in loss of borrowing privileges. Repeated non-compliance with library regulations may result in cancellation of library privileges. Any person who steals or mutilates library material is subject to prosecution under the provisions of Federal, State, and Municipal laws, and the California Education Code.
Return of Material
Items borrowed are due back to the Library by closing time on the due date. Items are to be returned to the Library Circulation Desk or book return bins. The Library is not responsible for items improperly returned. All items returned after the given due date or recall date, are subject to the fines established by the CSUMB Library.
This policy is subject to change