ILLiad - for ordering books or articles we do not own
The CSU Union Catalog - for ordering books from other CSUs that we do not own
The Interlibrary Loan Service provides CSUMB students, staff and faculty access to books, journals, and other materials that are not owned by the CSUMB Library.
- You must be a current CSUMB student, faculty, or staff member to use these services. In order to pick up books that you have requested on Interlibrary Loan, you must also be a registered Library borrower (come to the Library Circulation Desk for registration forms and to receive a barcode for your CSUMB identification card).
- After checking the CSUMB Library Catalog (books) or CSUMB Journals List (journals, magazines, and newspapers) to make sure the item you want is not owned or available electronically at the CSUMB Library, use the ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Request Forms to submit your request.
- Individuals may have a maximum of 20 active Interlibrary Loan requests at any time. Users may check on the status of all of their interlibrary loan requests at any time via their ILLiad user account.
- Users will be notified by electronic mail when requested items are ready for pickup in the CSUMB Library. Books will be returned to the lending library if not picked up by the due date. When received, articles will be made available as PDF files for retrieval from the ILLiad website by users. Articles not viewed or retrieved from the website within 30 days will automatically be deleted.
- Average turnaround time for Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan requests is 3-7 working days for journal articles and 5-10 working days for books.
For more information about these services, or contact us via electronic mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Library only borrows and lends videos from within the CSU system.
CSUMB Faculty members who desire videos for classroom viewing should first consult the Library's existing video collection for appropriate titles. Faculty may also wish to contact their librarian subject selectors to inquire about the possibility of purchasing videos, CDs and other media for the Library collections.
Interlibrary Loan Staff
Rebecca Bergeon, Interlibrary Loan Services
Bldg. 508, Room 3138