Other CSU Users
The Library offers the following services to current students, faculty and staff from other CSU campuses:
- May consult and photocopy from Library books, periodicals, microforms, and reference materials
- Priority access to the Library Public computers are given to CSUMB students, faculty, and staff.
- May borrow up to 25 (twenty-five) books at a time for a three (3) week loan period.
- May renew most items twice by accessing your library account online, by telephone, in person or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- May request searches on books not found on the shelves.
- May request access to materials on Course Reserve (by separate arrangement only)
Provision of Library services to students, faculty and at other CSU campuses are available after in-person registration at the Library Circulation Desk, which includes verification of current status at another CSU campus.
The Library does NOT provide the following services to current students, faculty and staff at other CSU campuses:
- Book recalls
- Access to Library Media Collection (e.g. videos)
- Interlibrary Loan or Document Delivery (see Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan Policy)
- Electronic Reference Service
- Direct dial-up access to CSUMB network or Library resources*.
*CSUMB does not provide or sell accounts for dial-up access to CSUMB network or Library resources to students, faculty and staff of other CSU campuses.
Rules and Privileges for CSU borrowers:
The card issued to students, staff and faculty of other CSU campuses will serve as the library borrowing card. By presenting their library card when using Library services, the borrower agrees to comply with all CSUMB Library regulations. This card is non-transferable. Abuse of library privileges may result in loss of borrowing privileges. Repeated non-compliance with library regulations may result in cancellation of library privileges. Any person who steals or mutilates library material is subject to prosecution under the provisions of Federal, State, and Municipal laws, and the California Education Code.
Return of Material:
Items borrowed are due back to the Library by closing time on the due date. Items are to be returned to the Library Circulation Desk or book return bins. The Library is not responsible for items improperly returned. All items returned after the given due date or recall date, are subject to the fees established by the CSUMB Library. See CSUMB Library Overdue, Recall and Replacement Fees Policy.
This policy is subject to change