All patrons are responsible for materials charged out on their CSUMB ID or Library Card. All cards are non-transferable. If you lend your card or charge items on your card for another person, and the item(s) are late, lost, or damaged you are liable for all charges. If your CSUMB ID card is lost or stolen you must immediately notify the Public Safety Office and request a replacement. If you were issued a library card from the library you need only notify the library.
- Fines accumulate only on days when the library is open and are due when incurred.
- Items borrowed are due back to the library by closing time on the due date.
- Items are to be returned to the Library Circulation Desk when the library is open, or the after-hours book return when the library is closed.
- A current or permanent address is required. Borrowers are responsible for reporting any address changes.
- The library is not responsible for undelivered mail.
- The library is not responsible for items improperly returned after the given due or recall date.
- Not receiving, reading an overdue notice, or being out of the area is not reason for waiving overdue fees.
- If library materials are not returned within six (6) weeks of the due date a non-refundable billing/processing fee is assessed in addition to the cost of replacing the item.
- Replacement charges may be refunded when overdue items are returned no later than six (6) months after due date.
- After six (6) months all charges are final.
- Library borrowing privileges may be suspended and university records held when fees are owed and materials are overdue.
- Overdue fees are paid at the Student Services Center Building 47, cashier's window during regular business hours
Overdue, Recall and Replacement Fees:
- Regular overdue materials are assessed at $1 per day, not to exceed $10 per item. Lost books are assessed a $20 processing fee per book (in addition to the replacement cost of the book).
- Overdue Course Reserves materials are assessed at $.50 per hour for two hour items, $5 per day for one and three day items, not to exceed $50 per item.
- Overdue Special Reserve materials are assessed at $.50 per hour for two hour items, $2 per hour for one and three day items, not to exceed $20 per item.
- Overdue Videotapes/DVDs are assessed at $5 per day, not to exceed $50 per item.
- Overdue Audio CDs are assessed at $1 per day, not to exceed $20 per item.
- Requested (Recalled/Hold) overdue materials are assessed at $5 per day, not to exceed $50 per item.
Replacement costs for library materials vary, depending upon material type. Overdue materials not listed above may require special processing, and may be subject to fees at the discretion of the Library.
This policy is subject to change